Jive Frenzy class nights are a great way to meet people, have fun and keep fit all whilst learning to dance. Our classes are taught by a fully qualified UKA LeRoc Modern Jive Instructor and are delivered in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere and promote safety on the dance floor. They cater for different levels of abilities and encourage dancers to develop their confidence and individual style. All classes are suitable for couples & singles, so there is no need to bring a partner with you and are suitable for adults of all ages and abilities . They help increase participation in health and fitness activities as well as teaching a wide range of skills which can be used in everyday life.
Come along and learn this popular social dance at our two venues:
MONDAY EVENINGS AT THE ATHA SPORTS BAR BEXHILL
WEDNESDAY EVENINGS AT THE MANOR BARN BEXHILL
Evening Schedule For Both Classes
7:30pm: Doors Open
Arrive and get ready to start the first class.
7:45pm – Beginners class
This class is suitable for complete beginners or for those looking to start from scratch again. We recommend that dancers spend a minimum of 6 weeks in this class to understand the fundamentals of the dance – coordination, technique and linking moves together to create a fluent dance style. You will also pick up all the dance essentials, including; terminology, travelling steps and most importantly, rhythm.
8:15pm – Practice Time
This is a chance to have a short break to get refreshments, socialise and practice some of the moves you have learnt.
8:30pm – Intermediate class
This class is designed for people that have been dancing more than 6 weeks and are ready to take their dancing to the next level. You will start to learn variations of our beginner moves and some of the more complicated turns and spins. Each week we focus on three moves to enhance your repertoire and individual style.
9:00pm – 10:30pm – Freestyle dancing
This is when the lights go down and the music goes up – ready to socialise and practice your moves on the social dance floor.
Atha Sports Bar: £7.00 – this includes 2 classes, freestyle dancing and refreshments.
Manor Barn Bexhill: £7.00 – this includes 2 classes, freestyle dancing and refreshments.
**SPECIAL OFFER FOR NEW DANCERS**
Join our 6 week beginner class for JUST £25 (saving £17)
Ten Reasons To Participate
- Dance keeps both the body and the brain active, vital for people of every age
- Dance offers a way to improve strength and flexibility, which helps keeps muscles and joints healthy
- Choosing to start a new hobby can help you meet new people and make friends with people who have similar interests
- Dance helps you learn about your body, improving your posture and balance
- Taking time out in the day to partake in a hobby can help to reduce stress levels
- Dance can offer insight into other cultures, either through the dance style itself or meeting new people
- Dance can led to new career opportunities, or help build vital communications skills needed in every profession
- Participating in dance can help increase your self esteem and confidence through mastering new skills
- Dance offers a creative outlet for people to express their personalities in a safe environment
- Dance is a fun way open up new possibilities, keep healthy and enjoy yourself